Linking and Protecting the BC Coast Together
Driven by a shared love for our coastline
Your membership fees go a long way to supporting a volunteer-driven organization. Please help out by joining us and making the BC Marine Trails a reality. Join today. Our volunteers are driven by a shared love of the coast.
The BC Marine Trails (BCMT) advocates strongly for recreational users through the three main pillars of our organization: First Nations Engagement, Stewardship/Conservation and Trails Development (building contiguous safe trails). The BCMT is a link between coastal recreationists and government, First Nations, and stakeholders to help maintain public access to the BC coast.
Stewardship and Maintenance
- Your membership, grants, donations and support from paddling clubs helps us build and maintain campsites.
- We work with government and partners to maintain recreation sites on Saltspring Island, Howe Sound, Discovery Islands, and Quatsino Sound. This work includes new infrastructure like toilets and tent platforms.
- Building tent platforms, toilets, and maintaining approximately 18 recreation sites or BC Parks.
- Stewardship clean ups, invasive species removal, working together with First Nations on projects.
Maps, Tools, and Resources
- A public and member map maintained by volunteers. We display over 1300 sites on our map (2000 hidden and we are working on it!) The member map has additional measuring tools and additional features for members.
- Members have access to a data conversion table (e.g. converting data on camping sites. launch and day use sites to a different format for either Google Earth Pro or your GPS unit).
- Member-only articles.
Our public map has several basic features, but we’ve saved the best for our members. Plot your route with bearing, distance, and coordinates for each leg of your trip, then export to your handheld GPS device.
Information about individual day-use and campsites is available on our map. Through your membership login, you’ll be able to search and view these sites as individual webpages, and be able to share your own experiences there while reading the comments made by other members.
There is an incredible amount of experience within our community. We want to share this knowledge with our members, from tips and tricks for new paddlers, to talks offered by experts as part of our Speaker Series.
- Grey Wolf Expeditions: 15% discount on all tours
- Valhalla Pure Outfitters: 10% off retail price in store (excludes kayaks and paddle boards)
- Comox Valley Kayaks: 10% off in-stock gear and 15% off rentals
- At the Water’s Edge Adventures: 10% off on all kayak rentals and outfitting services
- Wild Coast Publishing: 15% off online orders with discount code “BCMTNA”
- Hello Nature Adventure Tours: 10% discount on all tours
- Adventuress Sea Kayaking Adventures: $50 off Trip Planning Course for Paddlers
- Seabear Charters: $10 off water taxi from Port Alberni to the Broken Group Islands
- Tofino Sea Kayaking: 10% off all rentals, tours and retail purchases, plus 10% off all accommodations at the Paddlers Inn
- Spirit of the West Adventures: 5% discount on bookings, with a matching 5% donation towards BCMT campaigns
- Broughton Archipelago Paddlers Inn: $25 off your bill and free water during your stay
- Wild Coast Adventures: 10% discount on tours to Orca Camp, Desolation Sound, and the Discovery Islands
Additional Member Perks
- Monthly newsletter
- We promote businesses and paddling club events on our social media and events calendar
- Member-only articles
- Discounts (also on the membership page); there are numerous discounts or perks for members including 15% off maps, store discounts and guided trip discounts.
- Helpdesk for members
- Events calendar (including additional presentations from clubs)
- Some online presentations throughout the year for members and public