Tell us your Favourite Day Paddle Story
Enter to win the writing contest Now!
BCMT is inviting members to submit short articles about their favourite day paddling for publishing on our website. Readers want to read material that will enlighten, entertain, and help plan next year’s trips. Writers can use the wintery weather to stretch their literary muscles and give back to the organization (pulling ivy and cleaning beaches isn’t for everyone!) And, there will be a prize!
Even if you’ve never written anything before, we encourage you to put pen to paper and tell us about a favourite paddle day during a longer trip or done in a day and what made it memorable.
What's in it for you?
• Gift an article to BCMT.
• Re-live your favourite memories and photos.
• Receive editing advice and get published.
• Write about your friends (nicely).
• Win a great prize!
Signed copy of David Norwell’s book “A Complex Coast” donated by the author.
How does it Work?
- Send your Word or Google Doc of 500 to 1500 words (1-3 pages) along with up to 6 photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos must be jpeg or png.
- Send in any questions or editing requests you may have as well. Deadline for submissions is March 15, 2023.
- A panel of seasoned BCMT writers will decide the winners and will be announced in late March.
- Publication of submissions will occur throughout the spring and summer months.
- Articles submitted become the property of BCMT.