Stewardship Program: Site Condition Reporting
The BC Marine Trails Network Association Stewardship Program is a relatively new effort to engage its volunteers and members in site condition assessment, clean up and site improvements. It’s a two-step process where:
- Members/volunteers assess the condition of sites (Site Condition Report (SCR)) in order to notify the land owners (mostly government) about the problems of the site;
- Members/volunteers clean up and improve the identified sites as needed.
B. You can help by sending us a Site Condition Report
When you are paddling and visiting sites send us a Site Condition Report (SCR—that is, a report on the condition of a site(s)). You have three methods to fill out a form:
- Quick Site Condition Form - this works better for smartphones and is designed to be completed, quickly.
- This is a list of sites that need Site Condition Reports. This year we are testing a different system so the list is limited. View here (coming soon.)
The site condition report is completed following the seven principles of Leave No Trace. The principles can be viewed here.
C. Helping Us Clean Up or Improve the Sites
- We take information from your SCR to create a program. We locate problem areas and organize work crews for clean up or site remediation.