Stewardship Program: Site Condition Reporting
2018 List of sites needing Site Condition Reports (note: we accept SCRs from all sites needing some clean up or protection)
The BC Marine Trails Network Association Stewardship Program is a relatively new effort to engage its volunteers and members in site condition assessment, clean up and site improvements. It’s a two-step process where:
- Members/volunteers assess the condition of sites (Site Condition Report (SCR)) in order to notify the land owners (mostly government) about the problems of the site;
- Members/volunteers clean up and improve the identified sites as needed.
B. You can help by sending us a Site Condition Report
When you are paddling and visiting sites send us a Site Condition Report (SCR—that is, a report on the condition of a site(s)).
- This is our updated Site Condition Report form (designed with more open-ended questions). It also addresses maintenance issues more.
- This is our printable Site Condition Report form.
NOTE: The BC Marine Trails has a more comprehensive reporting system to gather critical data for our map and database. This form is for paddlers wishing to report on new sites, or under-reported sites. This report is on our Trails Development Evaluation page or directly accessed here. This is NOT a SITE CONDITION REPORT but there is some overlap of informaiton.
C. Helping Us Clean Up or Improve the Sites
- We take information from your SCR to create a program. We locate problem areas and organize work crews for clean up or site remediation.