Stewardship Program: Site Condition Reporting
The BC Marine Trails Stewardship Program is an on-going effort to engage volunteers and members in site condition assessment, clean up and site improvements. It’s a two-step process where:
- Members/volunteers assess the condition of sites (Site Condition Report (SCR)) in order to notify the land owners (mostly government) about the problems of the site;
- Members/volunteers clean up and improve the identified sites as needed.
A. You can help by sending us a Site Condition Report
When you are paddling and visiting sites send us a Site Condition Report (SCR—that is, a report on the condition of a site(s)).
- This is our updated Site Condition Report form (designed with more open-ended questions). It also addresses maintenance issues more.
- This is our older SCR form to print. To be updated in the fall.
NOTE: The BC Marine Trails is in the process of integrating a Site Condition Report with Trail Evaluation report. Almost there.
B. Helping Us Clean Up or Improve the Sites
- We take information from your SCR to create a program. We locate problem areas and organize work crews for clean up or site remediation.