BC Marine Trails has two guiding principles to lead the Caring for our Trails program:
The environment: "We value the ecologically diverse environment of coastal British Columbia and efforts to protect it."
And stewardship: "We value responsible stewardship practices that benefit the ecologically diverse environment of the British Columbia coast."
Together those are reflected in the stewardship programs BCMT is creating to care for our coast and our marine trail sites. Key programs are outlined in the tabs above, and include:
- On the ground work: Site maintenance for our recreation sites;
- West Coast Plastics cleanup - major initiatives held generally annually to remove debris from the wildest and most remote areas of the British Columbia coast..
- Our Environmental Care Program - setting a new standard for sustainable recreation and environmental care.
- Our Marine Code of Conduct - Helping users with the behaviour required for sustainable recreation.
- Invasive species removal - currently taking place on Gerald Island, to remove invasive ivy and protect the natural ecology.
- Site Condition Reporting - your way to help keep BCMT aware of issues that require addressing.
Click the tabs above for more details.